When shopping for the right Christmas tree stand, there are a few specifications you must take note of. Most importantly, how large of a tree will the stand accommodate? If you like to make full use of your vaulted ceiling with a large real tree, make sure you can fit your 12-foot-tall tree in the stand base. Likewise, artificial trees generally have skinny poles that will only fit in specific models. We make it clear what type and size of tree are best for each stand.
We read through hundreds of buyer and expert reviews and ratings to come up with the best Christmas tree stands you can buy. The stands we chose to include in this guide exhibit consistent performance, durability, and were easy to set up with minimal instructions. Once you have the right stand for your Christmas tree, check out our guide to the best Christmas tree skirts, too.
Here are the best Christmas tree stands you can buy:
- Best Christmas tree stand overall: Krinner Tree Genie Christmas Tree Stand
- Best screw-in Christmas tree stand: Jack-Post Welded Steel Christmas Tree Stand
- Best Christmas tree stand for artificial trees: National Tree Folding Tree Stand
- Best Christmas tree stand for tabletops: Good Tidings Cinco Tabletop Christmas Tree Stand
- Best full-size, live Christmas tree stand on a budget: Cinco C Express Tree Stand
Updated on 12/05/2019 by Lisa Sabatini: Updated links and prices.